“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in a moment of comfort, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy”
Martin Luther King Jr
Anxiety and depression
It is not uncommon for anxiety and depression to occur together.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal emotional and physiological response to feeling threatened. People differ as to how vulnerable they feel in different situations: this can be influenced by past experiences, family of origin, as well as beliefs and attitudes they hold.
What is Depression?
While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time (weeks, months or even years) and sometimes without any apparent reason. Depression is more than just a low mood it can have an impact on both physical and mental health.
Counselling can help to
- Gain greater insight and understanding into your anxiety and depression
- Challenge old behavior/ thinking patterns and develop new ones
- Develop tools and strategies to manage your symptoms
- Improve clarity of thinking
- Increase your capacity to cope with the challenges of life
- Help you to have a greater acceptance of yourself